- Better Practice App : The Better Practice App a the system for giving assignments and helping students practice. When the student is ready to practice, s/he opens the app and clicks on the top assignment. The instructions for practice are right there, as well as any multimedia resources, a metronome, and chat option to ask the teacher a question. At the end of practice, the student rates how well they played today, and then clicks the next assignment. The list helps keep review pieces in the fingers and eliminates forgotten assignments and lost instructions.
This is a web-app accessible from any device, but you can make a shortcut to you home screen and it behaves like a downloaded app.
- Easy Music App : This app is a great introduction for young children. They will learn to imitate and count, as well as compose (!). The app is especially suitable for Piano Discovery students, who will benefit from using it early on in their study.
- Flash Note Derby : A note-learning game. I often send out drills pre-set specific to the student using this app! Please choose one of the piano keyboard option to enter answers!
- Grampianostudio youtube channel : See videos of performances and lessons, reminder videos of pieces you are learning, and listen to music!
- Note Rush App : A fun way of doing note-reading flash cards! This app will listen to you play the note on the piano and you get points the quicker you can play the correct key. Highly recommended for Piano Safari Adventurers.
- Practicia practice app : This app replaces a written assignment book and actually 'listens' while you practice the piano.
- Rhythm Swing App : This app will help beginning students learn to read rhythms. I strongly recommend Piano Discovery and Safari Adventurers get this app early in their study to really nail rhythms sooner!
- Staff Wars Live : This game is a fun way to learn the notes on the staff! Watch out - it'll go faster and faster!